I’m borrowing this idea from Donna at RunningToTravel and Tracy at The Writing Runner. They got the idea from the back page of Runners’ World magazines. Every month, Runners’ World interviews a runner and asks them to sum up their running preferences. Mine are in red:
Heart Rate Feel
PR Finish (1)
Gel Chews (2)
Swift (3) Strong
Hot (4) Cold
Low Socks Tall Socks
Shoe Store Online
5k (5) Half Marathon
Headphones Inner Voices (6)
Warm Up Cool Down (7)
- I am past the point in my running career where a PR is a possibility. for most races, I am happy just to finish.
- I don’t eat gels or chews. I try not to eat anything that contains ingredients my grandmother wouldn’t recognize and neither gels nor chews fit that description. My go-to snack when I run long distances is a mixture of salted almonds and dried apricots.
- The shorter the race, typically the better my performance. A marathon is my “worst” distance.
- I love summer running. Bring on the heat and humidity. I know many of you will disagree but I feel fantastic after a good sweat.
- 5K is my favorite distance. It was the first distance I ever raced and it is still my barometer for fitness.
- Ummm…kind of the whole premise of this blog is that I listen to my interior monologue when I run.
- I am ashamed to admit that I don’t do either. I know, I know…it’s bad.
How about it? How do you roll?
You can find the places I link up here.